What’s cheesy, delicious, and, in this case, nutritious?! PIZZA: my all-time FAVORITE food. Today I thought instead of throwing a bunch of information at you, I would share my healthy pizza recipe! When I first started this lifestyle change I had to cut out a huge chunk of my diet which included pizza. It was horrifying, probably not as horrifying as my love for pizza, but still painful. You might think I’m exaggerating, but I was serious consuming pizza 4-5 times a week; therefore, cutting it out made things quite difficult for me. A couple months ago I found FlatOuts at my local grocery store. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them, but I thought I would see what I could come up with. As I was analyzing the package I saw that it had a pizza on the back, me being me, I got excited and threw it in my cart. Lo and behold: my guilt free pizza. Below I outlined all the details for you to try it out yourself. Please let me know what you think and if you’d like me to share some other recipes comment below on what you’d like to see!
- 1 Protein Up Carb Down Flatout (There are tons of different flatouts so don’t be afraid to try something different!)
- 1/3 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Ragu Pizza Sauce (I also use my mom’s homemade pizza sauce)
- 12-15 Turkey Pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the Flatout on a baking sheet and once the oven is ready cook it for 2-3 minutes then take it out.
- Add the sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choosing. - Cook an additional 8-10 minutes. - DEVOUR!!
What’s nice about this recipe is you can eat the WHOLE pizza and not feel guilty. It’s guilt free pizza! Side note: The reason I only use pepperoni for a topping is because I am a very picky eater and only like pepperoni pizza. There are tons of other toppings you can add that have nutritious value. Just be mindful when you are choosing them! For those of you counting macros and/or calories I attached a picture of the nutritional information. Enjoy!!